Investors’ VISA and residence permit
The Italian government has recently implemented a tax package and fast-track VISA procedure to attract wealthy individuals and startuppers that intend to relocate to Italy.
Please find below the main options to obtain an Italian long-term residence permit:
- Establish an Italian limited liability company owned by your local company or an Italian branch or representative office of your local company; this would allow you to apply for infra-company transfer residence permit;
- Establish an Italian company that meets the requirements to qualify as innovative startup company http://www.italiancompanyformations.com/services/set-up-a-company-in-italy/laws-innovative-start-companies-italy/ and confirm that you have at least Euros 50,000 cash available for investment regardless of the fact that you actually invest that amount; this would allow you to apply for Italia start-up residence permit http://www.italiancompanyformations.com/services/immigration/fast-track-visa-innovative-start-companies/;
- Establish an Italian company and apply for the European Blue Card as ‘highly qualiﬁed’ worker with at least a three-year university degree that certifies a specialised qualification recognised in Italy;
- Buy at least Euros 2 million euros in Italian government bonds;
- Invest at least Euros 1 million into an Italian company;
- Invest Euros 500,000 into an existing Italian innovative start-up company;
- Donate Euros 1 million to an Italian philanthropic organization.
The investor visa is granted for a two-year period and can be renewed for other three years. Family members can “rejoin” the holder of the investor visa pursuant to the rules provided with respect to holders of ordinary visa.
Furthermore, please note that the Italian government has recently implemented a resident non domiciled tax package and fast-track VISA procedure to attract wealthy individuals that intend to relocate to Italy. Particularly, foreign income will be subject to a 100.000 euros yearly flat-tax regardless of the amount of the foreign.
Contact us for more information